Sunday, December 14, 2014

Reflections : Origins of Fear

The label "reflections" in the blog has not seen many fresh entries. Very surprising; as this must be the most relevant to "jignyaasaa". May be I should re-visit my mails of the past, and blog those which are post-able.

I recall in one of my mails of the past, I had queried about the apparent absence of direct reference to Lord saying "do not fear" kind of shubha vachanam. Even in that ultimate Gita vakhyam, the Lord only comes close with  "maa shucha" meaning    "do not worry"  

Suddenly out of the blue, I came across an Upanishadic vakhyam from Brihadaaranyaka Upanishad - literally meaning a  "Upanishad of a mammoth forest", and thought I would share.

The vakhyam reads thus :

   
द्वितीयाद्वै भयं भवति II  (Dvithiyadhvai bhayam bhavati) 

"So long as there is duality there is fear" is my understanding of this vakhyam. So "fear" which the modern day psychologists say is the primary emotion, is born the moment He Creates & will vanish the moment we re- merge. 

So when the Lord says "Maa Shucha" or "don't worry" He is implying that merger is the only goal, & do not worry, it will happen, when you surrender unto me. 

"Maa shucha" has another profound meaning; When one surrenders completely, where is the cause for worry? In other words so long as you worry, there is no real surrender.

Your surrender to Him for succor as He is omniscient etc etc. This surrender is probably therefore not unto Him but to His omniscience. The real surrender will be when one has the following "bhaav".......

" whether You are ugly or beautiful whether You love me or hate me, whether You keep me in your heart with immense love or crush me- who has surrendered at your feet- with your legs, whether deem it fit to give me darshan or prefer to be invisible, Oh That ultimate of Freedom Lord Krishna , the choice is Yours only, & for me forever, You are my most beloved & there is none  other"

This my dear is that ultimate sharanaagathy ......to even attempt to know the meaning of this word with our own intellect is fraught with the danger of assuming that we can, without His blessings & Grace. 

Abstruse? I am loving it......  

Love

Ekalavya alias Vichu          



   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment